Viagra and Erectile Dysfunction
Problems are the part of our life. They were present in the past and still they are. The thing is that how can we solve them. If these problems are related to our financial matters then we can solve them with dedication but those problems which are related our health can be very harmful for our health. Doctors help us in treating these health problems. They give us right medicine for the respective medical problem. Sexual problems are also a part of health problems so there treatment is necessary as that of any health problem. You may know many names of sexual diseases and problems but this article is all about the erectile dysfunction and its treatment.
Basically erectile dysfunction, also known as man impotence, makes the man unable to get erection. An erect and hard penis is the need of a sexual activity and without it you cannot satisfy your life partner. There are different causes of erectile dysfunction i.e. depression, high cholesterol level, heart problem, spinal cord injury, diabetes and high blood pressure. Let us talk about the high cholesterol. The increase in cholesterol level creates the blockage in arteries that restrict the blood flow. The decrease in blood flow gives rise to erectile dysfunction. Talking about the normal person then you will come to know that in sexual excited condition the flow of blood becomes high that give him erection while in an infected person the flow of blood does not increase and penis does not become hard and stiff. So if we may increase the flow of blood then we can treat this problem easily. In the past, it was quite difficult to think about its solution but now its solution is available. The first name that comes in our mind when we talk about the treatment of erectile dysfunction is Viagra. Yes...Viagra. Viagra has got much popularity as a best medicine for the erectile dysfunction or man impotence. Cialis and levitra are also used by the people for its treatment but Viagra is more reliable as compare to them.
Talking about the side effects of Viagra is also a part of our discussion. There are two types of side effects in the use of Viagra. One is common side effects and the other one are uncommon side effects. But the treatment of all side effects is very necessary. In common side effects of Viagra, a man may get upset stomach, dizziness, Facial flushing etc. In uncommon side effects, a man may get blurred vision, heart attack and in some cases loss of vision. The chances of occurrence of common side effects are 10 to 30 percent and for uncommon side effects it is 3-9 present. Every user of Viagra does not get any of the mentioned side effects. These side effects mostly remain active till this course does not complete. After this duration these side effects go away. If any side effect remains for long time then you should tell your doctor about this side effect.
Causes and Symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile Dysfunction (ED) is also known as impotence. It is one of the problems that millions of men are facing in the world while having sex. In the following section, we have mentioned the causes and symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction:
Causes of Erectile Dysfunction:
Following are numerous reasons why there is the problem of impotence:
- High cholesterol: High cholesterol causes a blockage in the arteries, which is why being clogged does not give an adequate blood pump to the penis and this affects the power in erections.
- Cardiopathy: This condition can clog the arteries and by not having a blood-free passage through the arteries there is no erection.
- Diabetes: It is an irreversible disease of metabolism when you suffer excess glucose occurs due to decreased secretion of the hormone insulin. Over the years these high levels of glucose damage the tissues, blood vessels and that is where the problems of impotence come from.
- Obesity: This is a characteristic that some people have that have a bad style of feeding. Erectile dysfunction problems appear when the circulation is compromised.
- Spinal cord injuries: With problems at the level of the spinal cord can be compromised some bodily functions such as erection.
- High blood pressure: When a man has high blood pressure his heart should work a little harder than normal. The blood vessels harden and become small, as this does not produce enough force to pump blood to the penis, so erectile dysfunction occurs.
- Prostatic surgery: Between 24% - 68% of men undergoing prostate surgery suffer from erectile dysfunction.
- Surgery and trauma: Surgeries of the pelvic area such as the prostate, rectum or bladder can damage nerves and blood vessels in that area, and thereby impair erections. On the side of trauma, those related to the spine, skull or pelvis can damage the connection between the nervous system and the tissues responsible for erections.
- Drugs: Some medications can have erectile dysfunction as a side effect. Among them those used to treat high blood pressure, insomnia, cancer, cholesterol or depression.
- Hormonal disorders: Low libido or low sexual desire is less than 5% of cases of impotence.
- Smoking: Smoking is a risk factor due to its action on blood vessels and to reduce blood flow in the penis, thereby hindering healthy erections.
- Alcoholism: Excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages causes disorders in the erection due to its harmful effects on the nerve impulses necessary to carry out a good erection.
There are also some Psychological Causes of Erectile Dysfunction:
Psychological Causes that includes so many problems and concerns, such as depression, anxiety, fear or personality disorders affect our ability to maintain erections. Depression, stress, and anxiety, an excess of pornography, fear and personality disorders – These are also some of the cause of Erectile Dysfunction.
Symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction:
- Difficulty getting an erection or maintaining it before or during the sexual act.
- The impossibility of achieving an erection or maintaining it before or during the sexual act.
- Difficulties produce at least 25% of the time. That is, at least 1 of 4 times that you are trying to have sex.