A few things you should know about Viagra
Viagra is one drug that is a trade name for the drug caked sildenafil. What sildenafil does is to impede the functionality of a certain enzyme known as cGMP specific phosphodiesterase type-5 (PDE-5). This enzyme is responsible for breaking down a certain substance which is known as cGMP which is a substance that helps in inducing the smooth muscles in the body to relax. The impedance of CGMP simply implies an increment in the levels of the cGMP that is contained within the smooth muscle walls which helps in promoting the relaxation of the muscles as well as vasodilatation.
Relatively high levels of PDE-5 have located within the penis as well as the retina and the lungs. PDE-5 is also located within the body, specifically in the smooth blood cells of the blood vessels as well as muscles. Viagra is one of the drugs that is approved for the treatment of the issue of erectile dysfunction in men. There is another brand which is used in the treatment of cases of high blood pressure which is associated with pulmonary arterial hypertension. Viagra is a drug which belongs to the category of drugs that are known as PDE-5 inhibitors.
Benefits of Viagra
There are quite a number of benefits associated with the usage of Viagra, some of them would be listed down below.
- Viagra is a drug which is approved for the treatment of issues of erectile dysfunctions which is also referred to as impotence in some places. It is useful in increasing the flow of blood into the penis of a man after such an individual must have been sexually stimulated and also helps the man to keep the erection strong and hard enough for sexual copulation.
- It is very important to point out that Viagra only works upon sexual stimulation. It is noted to work within 30 to 60 minutes of usage, however, there are cases where it takes up to 4 hours before the effect kicks in.
If you find yourself within the age limit of between 18 and 60 years old, and you do not make use of any other type of medication and you are not suffering from any known medical condition, the following are the side effects which you are most likely to encounter:
- Drop in blood pressure, sleeplessness, nasal congestion as well as a runny nose and the bleeding of same.
- Other conditions you could suffer from include dyspepsia, flushing as well as a headache and back pain coupled with visual issues
- There have also been cases of reduced blood flow into the optic nerves thereby leading to the loss of vision. The risk is even higher amongst men who are older than the age of 50 or those who have struggled with diabetes, also, those who have issues with high blood pressure, smoke and have pre-existing eye conditions tend to have a higher risk as well.
- Other categories of people this drug may not be suitable for includes those who have battles with angina as well as chest pain and some other heart-related issues.
- » Information for the Patient (pdf)
Side effects of Viagra
Viagra contains Sildenafil which helps relax the muscles and improve the blood flow in the penis. It belongs to the group of drugs known as phosphodiesterase-5. One should take this medicine only under the supervision of a doctor. It can be taken 30 minutes to 1 hour before sexual activity and will work for the next 4 hours. This medicine should not be taken more than once per day. This medicine will help you get an erection when sexually stimulated. The pill, however, will not cause an erection. This medicine should not be given to anyone who is below the age of 18 years and without medical advice.
Like every other medicine, even Viagra has certain side effects. These side effects can be life threatening as well, especially in case the patients have a prior medical condition. If you are allergic to this medicine or any of its contents then you should not use this medicine. Other than this if you have a history of heart disease, coronary artery disease, stroke, congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems, high or low blood pressure, liver or kidney disease, any bleeding disorder, anemia, leukemia, stomach ulcer, physical deformity of the penis or retinitis pigmentosa then this medicine should be taken with utmost care. Viagra can aggravate these medical conditions and will be harmful to the patient. For most patients, the recommended dose of this medicine is 25 mg to 100 mg, depending on the severity of the erectile dysfunction.
Some of the common side effects of this medicine are Warm skin, headache, flushing, bloody nose, muscle pains, redness of the skin, sneezing, unable to breathe, diarrhea, pain around the eye, sneezing, stuffy or a runny nose, and unable to sleep. For people who have just started using this medicine, these side effects can fade away as the body gets used to this medicine. Your doctor can help you prevent or reduce these side effects or prescribe medicines for these side effects which do not contradict with Viagra.
There can be certain major side effects of this medicine as well such as, Indigestion, upset stomach, dizziness, bloody urine, bladder pain, burning feeling in the chest, tingling feeling, tenderness in the stomach area, vision loss, abnormal vision, bleeding of the eye, chest pain, confusion, anxiety, breast enlargement, seizure, cold sweats, hearing loss, dry eyes, drowsiness, skin problems such as dryness, scaling or peeling, excessive hunger, fainting, increased thirst, migraine headache, increased sweating , nightmares, nausea, swollen joints, itching, hives, slurred speech, sore throat, sudden weakness, sensitivity and seeing the shades of colour differently.
These side effects can be prevented by consulting a doctor before using this medicine. The doctor will study your medical history and advise if the medicine is safe for you to use. Follow the instructions of the doctor and keep yourself away from side effects of Viagra.
More Info about Viagra and Erectile Dysfunction
- Basic facts about Viagra
- How does Viagra Work?
- Drug Interactions with Viagra
- Play it safe with Viagra
- Quality lovemaking with Viagra
- Useful Information About Impotence
- Viagra Canada (Français)
- Viagra and Erectile Dysfunction
- Role of Cholesterol in Poor Health
- Benefits and Importance of Exercise
- Love your life partner as much as you can
- Why panic? You can cure your problem with Viagra
- Overcoming Impotence
- Men can control their sex life
- Follow the given rules to become healthy
- Roles men play
- Men and Post Natal Depression
My ex-girlfriend used to complain me about my weaknesses in sexual intercourse. I thought I am good in sex but she was not satisfied and one day she left me. I figured it out and started using Viagra. I am again in a new relationship and she is more than happy with me.
I broke up with my girlfriend because I was unable to have satisfactory sex with her. She used to complain about erection for shorter time and I was unable to make it longer. Then my friend told me about Viagra which has the ability to increase erection time. The reason behind my satisfaction is now Viagra.
It seems very difficult when you come to know about your erectile dysfunction problem but it can be tackled easily. It happened to me and I started using Sildenafil Citrate tablets. Sildenafil Citrate showed its best results when I was having sex. I had immense pleasure during sexual intercourse.